View Single Post
Old 01.20.2011, 09:06 PM   #2
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im not talking about any kind of charlie sheen's hotel cupboard situation.

we have a cheap audio technica "studio" mic (really bad but that's the best we could get) and a zoom recorder set at 48/16 (it's for video).

levels are hitting maybe -3db tops in the most shrill of moments. should i lower, or is that ok?

any DIY ways to make a pop screen? is pantyhose really the way to go? (ha!).

any ideas under 99 cents (american) will be tested.

--

ps - pantyhose rules.

It depends what you are going for, I stopped using condensors for vocals awhile ago, because you never use them live.

Lately I've been using an SM57, run thru a guitar amp and guitar reverb pedals etc. Put the amp in the closet to absorb the sound and then stand about a foot away from the mic...it sounds badass, no pop, great proximity effect...sounds like someone just singing in the room...or a live show.

Sorry that doesnt quite answer your question. I guess its just an alternative method.

Pantyhose works though.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|