View Single Post
Old 07.25.2007, 09:16 PM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Coldplay and Radiohead share pretty much no similarities outside of the obvious (British and ugly and the singers hit high notes sometimes.. I think there was a few pianos in Radiohead songs before).
Radiohead has never released a bad record. Pablo Honey is .. decent .. but everything after is amazing, ESPECIALLY Kid A. I think Radiohead are theorized on, shat on, obsessed over, etc. maybe a bit too much, but then again, so is Weezer (have you seen all the weirdo Weezer websites on the internet? I mean, yeah, they used to be a good band, but goddammit if Weezer's 800+ songs don't all pretty much sound the same after a certain point. Fuck! Okay, back to Radiohead...)..
The fact is, they're a mainstream band that's actually REALLY FUCKING GOOD. I mean, a band who is constantly growing and evolving.. who at times is noisey and is always undeniably unique and beautiful... the fact they even sell millions of records is a miracle, and it proves a point I've always tried to make: people don't necassarily have bad tastes in music, they just haven't been exposed to enough music.
But enough of that... I keep getting sidetracked... Kid A is in my top 10 favorite albums of all time. I honestly couldn't get past the first 10 seconds on that CD without thinking it was one of the most amazing things I'd ever heard. The first half is great, full of cold AND warm electronics, children's toy sounds (song two seriously sounds like Nobakazu Takemaru), amazing fuzzy jazz freakouts, your typical Radiohead ballad but BETTER, and amazing ambient drone... then, side two.. GODDAMN... we have your emotional, multilayered and layered and layered three-guitar Radiohead tribal jam, your effects-heavy song that sounds like you're drowning with 7/4 guitar arpeggios, the AMAZING autechre ripoff song, the AMAZING morning bell (I don't even know how to describe it), and then a beautiful minimalist organ ballad.. Jesus. A rock band exploring electronics and effects and different production techniques.. just insane.. could have turned out embarassing...
Just a truely consistant, innovative, great band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|