Thread: the fiscal clif
View Single Post
Old 12.30.2012, 05:49 PM   #20
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Smart man. I agree, the Bush Tax cuts have crippled our government for a decade now, its time to let them go. The reality is the Americans whose taxes will go up, one way or another can afford it, and those Americans who quite literally couldn't afford it generally are in such low-income brackets so as not to pay Federal income taxes anyways, the "47%" of Mitt Romney fame..

Exactly. The fact is, the responsibility lies on each one of us to live our lives in a way to not put unnecessary burden on ourselves. If I make $2000 a month, and I go put and buy tons of stuff on credit and end up with bills at almost $2000 a month, then any little change is risky. But if I make $1500 a month, and rent a small apartment, drive an older used car, and learn to be content with what I have, I can still have enough of a cushion that I can take a small blow and be ok. Neither one of those are considered large amounts of income by any means, but regardless of what you make, it's up to you to make sure you are living within your means.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|