View Single Post
Old 09.02.2006, 01:04 PM   #9
Gainsbarre
little trouble girl

Gainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's asses
Well, Thurston couldn't have been that sick. My girlfriend and two of our friends got asked to dance on stage during the Flaming Lips set and saw Kim & Thurston dancing around while the Lips played and Thurston was eating a large gyro (which were quite good I must say).

During the first few songs during SY's set the sound was kinda fucked up. And through out the whole show they kept looking to the sound guy and pointing up as in "Turn up the fucking sound!" Thurston at one point said something like "a little more monitor action" and then "can you hear it?" to the sound guy. I thought they were still pretty rocking and I mean fucking Skip Tracer! Outrageous! Magic Numbers were pretty tight. I thought Ween went on a little long, Lips were great. I was expecting to feel "ho-hum" about them as I'm not the biggest fan of the newer record, but they were pretty great. My lady friend got me a personalized autograph from Wayne.

I also saw Tiny Tina the world's smallest woman and it kind of hurt my soul. I didn't feel too good about it afterward.

I hope they have good bands again next year but... doubt it...
Gainsbarre is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|