View Single Post
Old 04.20.2018, 12:36 AM   #20
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for sharing Thurston’s Instagram post!

A solid story shared with me was about Cecil at a week of Masters classes at Oberlin in the early 90’s. Cecil didn’t play a single note on the piano all week. When the end of week Saturday night concert came to an end, Cecil walks out on stage wearing pajamas and started reading poetry. He read long enough that people started leaving......once the room was thinned out, Cecil slayed the piano for two hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
thurston posted this on instagram
  • thurstonmoore58We began to play, Tom Surgal on drums, and myself guitar. Cecil was to join us onstage. He bided his time as we went through improvised ministrations. After 20 minutes we rested in a drone meditation, humming, buzzing. And we hear then Cecil sounding through his mouth, yowling, glossallalia, ululation walking in from behind the bandstand -- he tosses a small cymbal into the belly of the piano, reaches in and, as music shaman he was, plucks the resounding root note of our noise. From there we went forward. Cecil, backstage after, champagne glass in hand, whispers to me,"that was the real thing".
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|