Thread: matador?
View Single Post
Old 09.18.2008, 10:31 PM   #41
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
hey seeing you seem to know Unwound people, i'd be really curious to know what they're up to now. Are they planning anything solo at all? Have they completely retired and now work at Burker King or what? They were such a fucking great band. Raw and edgy. wow.

I haven't talked to anyone from the band in a couple years. They've all gotten so reclusive. Vern was playing bass in Fitz of Depression for a while but he's not listed on the band's My Space and it looks like Ryan is back instead. I heard about four months ago that Justin had moved back to Oly from L.A. and Brandt too apparently. Sarah's in Portland and I saw her playing drums for Tara Jane O' Neal about a year ago at the Hallaluwah festival opening for Damo Sazuki. She may be the only one really playing out much at this point. I never really got to know her though, despite the fact that she's the one in Portland.

The general vibe I get from them is that an Unwound reunion is unlikely at any time soon, but you never know. Brandt could be the peacemaker I suppose. Knowing those guys, if they did get back together it would be the original three and they'd call themselves Giant Henry again to avoid publicity.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|