View Single Post
Old 04.28.2020, 02:55 AM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Here's the challenge: create a best-of collection like Rhino used to. 25 songs, but it doesn't have to fit on an actual CD.

Rules:

1. Main albums only, so no B-sides (which will exclude my favorite SY track and the origin of my username), SYR, or tracks created for special purposes (like soundtracks, which will exclude one of my favorite SY mood pieces, "Blink"). EP tracks are OK, as most of those songs got included as part of reissues.

2. This is a Sonic Youth ONLY collection, so no collaborations or solo releases.

Guidelines:

1. You can go chronologically or arrange it like an album.

2. They made 13 main albums, so that gives a little leeway on how many tracks to include from each album, but you don't have to include something from every album if you don't want to.

I'll start:

1. (She's In A) Bad Mood
2. Brave Men Run
3. Death Valley '69
4. Expressway to Yr Skull
5. Stereo Sanctity
6. Pipeline/Kill Time
7. Kotton Krown
8. Silver Rocket
9. Cross the Breeze
10. Eric's Trip
11. Kool Thing