View Single Post
Old 03.25.2011, 07:45 PM   #14358
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

I definitely appreciated this film a lot more, now that I have seen it from the comfort of my own bed. It's a great little flick that's very reminiscent of Leone, Godard, and hell... even vaguely Katsuhito Ishii at times. The women were all lovely, the foot scene was great (Tarantino always has my back in that department), Eli Roth gave a convincing performance for a non-actor, and the gore was extremely well-executed - especially the final forehead carving, my god! A wonderful exploration in the blending of film genres, with masterful shots throughout. Oh, and Christoph Waltz, who played the "Jew Hunter" was absolutely outstanding! What an actor... I've heard he does German TV mostly? Melanie Laurent did a fabulous job as well, what a dazzling female lead.

I apologize for ragging on this one so much in the past, I think my poor theater experience may have killed it for me.

Kudos Quentin!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|