View Single Post
Old 06.20.2016, 10:16 AM   #2265
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
thoughts on things...

YG - the more I listen to this album, the more it feels like a letdown to me. I don't know. It's not bad or anything. But My Krazy Life was just sooooo good and well thought out as an album. This doesn't really feel like a cohesive album to me so much as it feels like some songs bundled together. Shrug.

Game - the more I listen to this one, the more I like it. I mean, it's this weird stopgap release. I didn't even know it existed until about a week before it dropped. No fanfare. No hype. Cameos by dudes I never heard of. Fantastic beat selection. Just really pleased with this.

Chili Peppers - First listen was good. I know most of you don't care about RHCP or whatever, but I'm happy w/ this album. Dangermouse producing is a cool fit. Feels like sort of a throwback to the funk-dance stuff they were doing pre-Blood Sugar in a way.

Radiohead - I finally heard this cuz it's on Spotify now. Pretty damn great. I might (MIGHT) like it more than King Of Limbs and In Rainbows. Well maybe not In Rainbows. We'll see...

Spinhead Sessions - is f'ing glorious. Unearthed instrumentals from 86? It doesn't get much better.

at this point, only half a year in, I feel I an say that 2016 has been a better year for music in my mind than 2015 was.

Fuck the haters man. How could any '90s kid have no positive RHCP memories? I respect your absolute refusal to give a shit about what others think.

I've never been big on the band, and I will probably never listen to this album, but who cares? I have great memories of BSSM and One Hot Minute.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|