View Single Post
Old 03.21.2007, 08:27 AM   #18
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I've booked to go to one of the Daydream Nation shows in London, but the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure why. It's a knee-jerk reaction when I see that tickets are on sale for an SY show that I want to get one, but I'm having serious doubts about the validity of this one.

a thing people are forgetting is that this is all on Barry Hogan, he started the whole Don't Look Back series, and since SY are still friends with him then it's kinda awkward for them to say no

and yes on the commercial side of things their is that aspect that this may be their final year with geffen, so they are getting the most out of it, and regardless of what any DIY person may say anywhere, what they want is security and a peace of mind. DIYers do it themselves certainly, SY for most intentioned purposes is DIY, they aren't raking in the coin, in all the years they have been on geffen how much of a substantial profit have they made? the most significant was lollapalooza in 95 when they made at least 2 mil, and that all went into echo canyon which has now been sold off, hell if i know if they made a return on prime property in downtown mahattan but one can assume

maybe cause london doesn't get too many SY club dates, it sold out quickly, and don't think the response didn't change the bands mind on how many of these shows they wanted to do

and ultimately, are people THAT concerned about the future of their artistic credibility? the band's sound is constantly changing, then they go off on their own a lot of very wonderful projects emerge, but there is a certain emphasis on being innovative to an unattainable standard, SY have done things most other bands in 25 years of existence haven't done, and one of them is not suck after 25 years, and considering how many other acts are out there that were from the 60s, the 70s, 80s and so on doing their thing, how many are actually evolving, and how many can only stick to the blues scale?.......
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|