Thread: Kool Thing
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2006, 09:49 PM   #34
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
It's boring and obvious to think that Geffen SY is a sellout....why not admit that it's actually better? It obviously is.

No one was claiming that they sold out. For the record, I don't believe they ever have. If I hated "Geffen SY" I would hate everything they've done on the label, and as far as I know I don't hate any of it. I quite like all of it. I'm simply saying that, while their pop songs are quite good, they don't have as much staying power as the other stuff. This is not an opinion reserved solely for Sonic Youth. I think the same about many bands. Pop songs are easy to listen to, so they get played a lot, but I find that I tire of them easier than songs that aren't as immediately accessible. Have you ever thought that maybe you should give their pre-Goo albums more attention? It doesn't even seem like you've listened to them, especially if you consider Sister to be an album full of bad songwriting.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|