View Single Post
Old 09.02.2008, 12:17 PM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I should add all the Takeshi Kitano films I've seen to that list. Also, most Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci films (love Goblin and LOVE Fabio Frizzi). Most Leone movies. Most Carpenter movies.

Also, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

...I wonder why very few directors are interested in background music anymore... It's odd, like I was watching Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer last night, and that film's not even THAT old (22 years) but it just seems so, SO far removed from any film that comes out today (and I know it's not the most mainstream film ever for me to mention, but it did make over 6 times what it cost to make when it came out, was a minor mainstream success, and almost everyone ever has at least heard of it... so I'm just using it as a lack of a better example right now).

Films from 10 years ago seem like art films compared to most major films that come out today. It's not just that the soundtracks are usually just whatever popular songs of today or yesterday... the directing, the pacing... all these films are solely concerned with carrying the plot to whatever point they're supposed to end up at with nothing in between.

I like movies that have scenes that have nothing to do with the plot, movies with scenes of loneliness and quietness, every film nowadays is almost in constant crescendo from beginning to end. It sucks.

Sorry, I got a little off-topic, but yeah.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|