View Single Post
Old 09.23.2010, 09:22 AM   #17
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
And while I got irritated by Spotify, Pandora and the like quite quickly, from what I can gather they're offering quite a lot for listeners out there. I don't think it'll save the industry, but it's surprising how many people are happy paying for the services.

Even though I use spotify daily, I'm not necessarily ready to pay for it, right now, at least. I can deal with the commercials that come with the spotify open... at least I get a glimpse of the new avenged sevenfold etc atrocity.
The redeeming factor of spotify is the huge range of music they've managed to cram into it, also out of print stuff. However, it seems to limit to record labels ranging from medium to huge, or to bands somewhat established.

Not sure if they can keep it going though. At least about a year ago they were still relying on funding and not making much profit, I think. Whole another discussion is the ethics of it. Apparently they are basically screwing the artist. Not sure if spotify actually generates any records sales.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|