View Single Post
Old 08.01.2006, 08:50 AM   #20
bikinikillbillchillthrill
empty page

bikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
At War With the Mystics wasn't a very good record either. I think it was better than Rather Ripped, but it was the weakest album since Flaming Lips' debut. It's only a half interesting record. They're synthesized pop sound has grown stale very quickly. I heard they were going to do a more guitar oriented album and I nearly jumped for joy. I thought they were going to do something in the vein of Hit to Death or Transmissions and they end up with something between Prince and Beck. Half assed album.

well I agree it's not their TOP album but it's more decent and engaging compared to any other guitar-rock kool crap albums that I've recenlty heard. +Saw them live recently and it was the most amazing experience of the year.The whole album works really well in a live situation. I disagree with the Prince/Beck stuff , it all depends on our pesonnal taste and knowledge in music I suppose.
bikinikillbillchillthrill is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|