Thread: Country music?
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2007, 05:37 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
story about Charlie Parker

Charlie would sit in this bar where a lot of jazz cats would hang between sessions, and charlie would drink his drinks in solitude constantly going to the jukebox and playing country songs, back when country was country and western was western you know? he would play these songs and sit there and drink,a nd he woudl get a constant ribbing from his hep cat jazz buddies, who derided country music. They wold poke fun at him and ask "hey man, why are you playing this stuff? This nasal whiny cracka stuff?"
and Charlie would look at them and reply, "just listen to the stories man, just listen to the stories."
and he was right. Old country music, beofr ethe country pop pap that exists today, was about telling stories from the heart, stories that touched your heart, stories that described life as they saw it. charlie parker saw that and would soak it all in.