View Single Post
Old 05.12.2017, 11:07 AM   #48729
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
thank for that post. Sheds a lot of light. And, I'm quite jealous that you saw Nirvana. Wow.

Weezer... I saw them on tour for Green album before it actually came out. I remember the excitement of a new song being played live ("Island In The Sun"). So I have a super soft spot for that album honestly.

Now Maladroit - whoo what a weird album. See, I actually think it works quite nice juxtaposed against something like Amnesiac (which is my fav Radiohead album). One year and two vastly different records by two favorite and long-standing bands. I mean go back and listen to Maladroit. What a fucking weird mess of an album. It's like... stoner rock pop. Honestly, Maladroit is an album that gets better to me with time. I remember getting super into it again in 2007, and now again.

As a side note, is it weird that I think I like No Code more than Vitalogy?

Dont be jealous that I saw Nirvana. I was tagging along with family, and I was young. It was in ... '93? ... and I remember so little that it's actually kind of a curse. I was a fan to the extent that I could be a fan at such a young age, but I only have glimpses in my head that are warped by time. Trying to hang on to them is incredibly frustrating, because shit just slips away, so I usually don't even mention it. Same thing happened when I saw Jerry Garcia with the Dead in '95. I remember so little that I don't feel like I even deserve to claim it as a life experience.

Though maybe I've just done too many drugs in my life, because it's not like I was 5 at the time. Hmmm...
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|