View Single Post
Old 05.30.2012, 03:01 PM   #16094
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Rabid Dogs wipes off Tarantino's entire movie career in one long, low-budget car ride.

To be fair to Tarantino, while I'd maybe agree with that in reference to Reservoir Dogs I think Rabid Dogs is simply too different to anything Tarantino's made since to really warrant a comparison. I'm not even sure it's that comparable with most other Bava films.

Quote:
Did you ever watch this short but sweet documentary about ''Danger Diabolik''? Interesting comparisons made by Stephen R. Bisette between Bava's framing of images in a comic-like movie context and ''Batman'' and ''Barbarella''.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42787231129368

Finally got to see it. Great stuff. As interesting on comics as it was on Danger Diabolik. And definitely does a good job trying to undercut the whole camp argument. Great find.

Inspired me to watch Barbarella again tonight ...
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|