View Single Post
Old 10.16.2011, 08:40 PM   #180
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Aesthetic/thematic/lyrical...all of these concepts are important. Kim adds a key ingredient that could not be replaced. They all do. Each member adds something to the pot and that is what makes them Sonic Youth. Her lyrics are some of the best. And yeah, her bass playing might be simplistic (Thurston's guitar playing might be outrageously creative at times, but seldom is it anything complex. And yes, I tend to prefer "creative" to "complex") but it's an important factor in holding down what the rest of the band is doing. I'm positive not just anyone could come along and do what Kim does. Your comments are a bit unnecessary. Thats fine though, unnecessary posts are often some of my favorites.

I didn't mean any offense. Kim is monstrously talented, but even she would tell you she's not an extraordinarily precise musician.

But you're right, absolutely. I was wrong. She is not less talented. She is simply talented in a different way, just as Thurston and Lee are talented in different ways.

I take back what I said and I'll eat crow for it.

What Kim gives to the band is sacred and irreplaceable. Who was it that suggested they carry on without her? That would be wretched, depressing,and tasteless. Kim Gordon IS Sonic Youth just as much as any other member, and possibly more.

There is no SY without Kim. No more than there could be without Thurston.

Where did this ridiculous idea come from?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|