Thread: UK elections
View Single Post
Old 06.10.2017, 07:23 AM   #5
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Any guesses on how long it'll be before May gets ousted out?

My guess is as long as it takes the Tories to find a suitable replacement. I don't think there's an obvious candidate waiting in the wings though. Amber Rudd would be an obvious choice but may be seen as too liberal within the party, and only barely held on to her own seat. The Right of the party would probably want Jacob Rees Mogg (who I confess to liking a lot, without actually agreeing with his position on most things besides Brexit) but he'll infuriate the centrists. Boris and Gove are surely too tainted by now to be serious candidates. More likely it'll be a 'safe pair of hands' like David Davies or Michael Fallon. Although I can't see either of them as long term options: more like caretaker leaders, in place to oversee the Brexit negotiations before a more long-term candidate emerges.

Problem then is, whoever's chosen, it'll almost inevitably lead to another general election, if only cos they'll want to dissolve their coalition with the DUP asap.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|