View Single Post
Old 01.26.2015, 08:43 AM   #47158
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
No! Why, because of their perfectionism? Dude, virtually everybody is a perfectionist. Johnny Ramone was a perfectionist for JC's sake. Paul Westerberg, for all the shambolic nature of some of his work, is a rabid perfectionist - he wants the mistakes to be perfect. Lucinda Williams spent I don't know how many years doing and redoing Car Wheels On A Gravel Road.

Back to Pretzel Logic, "Rikki Don't Lose That Number", "Through With Buzz", "With A Gun", "Monkey In Your Soul" - they all rock! It is true, however, that later Steely Dan got too damn focused on instrumental precision... and that's when the band ceased to exist, at least in the studio.
I was just teasing you. As a matter of fact, I donīt now remember any of their songs (I must have heard something sometime). But I have read about the band and naturally the band that used 42 musicians and spend over a year to make their album "Gaucho" doesnīt give you an image of RīNīR-band. Hard to believe Ramones ever made any of their album over a year. But anyway as a big fan of 60-70 music, I will listen some Steely Dan one of these days. And not Gaucho!

And I donīt think everybody are perfectionist in rock/pop music. Dead Moon is a great example of non-perfectionism (thatīs one reason why they are so great). Of course most of the bands & artist do many takes in the studio etc. But there are artists who search long something they hear their head and some who just do without long searching. Some do both (SY?) And as it is said in the EJSANS backcover "itīs already compromise when music leaves your head".
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|