View Single Post
Old 11.27.2009, 08:30 AM   #2180
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the coming insurrection -

it was called "a manual for terrorism" by the french government"
the supposed authors (they probably weren't but had some connection to them) were arressted in their commune somewhere in northern france. they were released ultimately, i think zizek and agamben had something to do with circulating a petition calling for their release.

when a translation of the book hit new york - people organised an unofficially reading in a barnes and noble. after a crowd gathered the manager tried to get them to fuck off - but they refused and started reading out passages until they were eventually kicked out, they continued down the street and had looted a perfume shop and screamed at the cops before it was all over.

but perhaps best of all, glenn "I AM LITERALLY FUCKING INSANE" beck read an advanced copy and dedicated a segment on his show about it. in which he warns that the ultra left is preparing to take up arms, and we should all be ready.

someone in the new statesman called in potentially the most important book of the century. nina power of the infinite thought blog wrote a review for frieze which i can't read because i'm not a subscriber, and perhaps most interestingly of all, it's really pissing off some of the anarchist community. they really seem threatened by it, perhaps because it threatens their cosy/ineffective activist structures and heirarchies? some of the online reactions to it have been idiotic and irrationally dismissive, calling it simply "poor" and lacking in ideas.

you can read it
http://tarnac9.wordpress.com/texts/t...-insurrection/
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|