View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 05:21 PM   #51
sandwich mulroney
little trouble girl

sandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
i thought nurse was more of a "pastiche" of older sonic youth. both dripping dream and rain on tin derived bits from 'church boy alter basement,' whereas turquoise boy takes it entirely and embellishes it into a pop song. peace attack lifted the riff from elegy and new hampshire is like a souped-up sunday. new hampshire is one of the best tracks on nurse, it also has an ascending melodic bit from church boy alter basement.

i've only heard 3/4 this album and it already exceeds both murray street and nurse in my ears. even in 128 kbps. it reminds me of dirty (tuff rock) in places, but with the vibrant chiminess (clean) of their more recent albums.

I'd add that Unmade Bed sounded like a pared-down Diamond Sea, Kim Gordon/Arthur Doyle was not entirely different from Panty Lies and that Pattern Recognition sounded as though it could have been left over from an older album.

(As you might have guessed, I wasn't wild about Sonic Nurse.)
sandwich mulroney is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|