View Single Post
Old 07.16.2017, 02:06 PM   #1357
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah im watching of course. it's entertaining. not genius mindblowing anything, but pleasant. so i watch on the regular but not bingeing.

good point about him being a superhero i guess ha ha ha. yeah. i don't mind him. as long as he doesn't wear A FUCKING CAPE. or hide his identity behind a pair of... eyeglasses! when i wear eyeglasses my wife can't tell who i am.

eta: timelords please let michelle ryan be my doctor oh hell i just found she was in it already i'd better hurry

Coo deal.
Where are you in the chronology? Have you made it to Tennant yet?

Some of the latter-day Tennant episodes are, in my mind, truly mind-blowing and brilliant. Not in a "The Wire" kind of way, of course, but in an exquisitely crafted HORROR kind of way (see episodes: "MIDNIGHT" (ohmigodmidnight!), "SILENCE IN THE LIBRARY.) Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the one-two lunch of "THE IMPOSSIBLE PLANET" and "THE SATAN PIT," which is not one of the later episodes, but still might be my favorite fucking thing ever on television... maybe.

Have you seen any of these?

The Doctor peaks with Tennant, but those who follow don't really slack either. The stories and overarching themes get more intense AFTER Tennant, actually, as "one-off" and standalone stories become less and less frequent during the Smith years. Oh, and production values go up as the audience got back into it. Some of those Smith episodes could almost work as movies. No shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|