View Single Post
Old 05.23.2017, 06:00 PM   #1169
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I donate the money I would've spent to feed homeless babies.

But if you want to feel smug, go ahead.

robin hood! is he real?

come on. this shit is not about "feeling smug". when you don't dine and dash is not about "not feeling smug." when you don't con a little old lady out of her lifetime savings it's not about "feeling smug." it's just the right thing to do in the society where we're living. in which we're supposedly ruled by laws and agreements that make things work.

i get it. digital changed the notion of property. information wants to be free or whatever. files can be easily reproduced without depriving the original owner of their item. feels like one is not stealing. but yeah we're depriving them from the oportunity to sell their wares. we're taking ourselves out of the market. we're fucking leeches. and we're destroying the very thing we want to consume because we're greedy fucking pigs.

i find it psychologically damaging that we pretend to be the holy santos while we project our own shit on "the labels who rip off the artists" (or the networks or whatever).

and this is not an argument im making against YOU by the way. it's not about trying to "convert" YOU.

what im fighting here is the widespread idea that artists and the people who work to make their work available do not suffer harm from rampant piracy from well-meaning, upright, decent tax-paying middle-class citizens who understand economics and can absolutely do better, but just choose not to because they can get away with it and "everyone is doing it."
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|