View Single Post
Old 05.18.2015, 04:38 PM   #796
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I think there is still enough the viewer can ponder in the final episode. Did Don become the type of person he seemed to despise in the earlier seasons? He was very critical of the counter-culture/hippie people he met throughout the series. He seemed to find that utopia idealism a fantasy. Did he become a version of Steve Jobs? He also didn't believe in only aiming marketing to the teenager/20-something year-old, but that Coke commercial embodies the hippiedom/counter-culture younger generation audience he seemed to always have disdain for.

That Coke commercial was the first and biggest shot across the bow of the counterculture, appropriating the 60's counterculture inclusionism and peace and love mentality to sell SHIT. and it ran for 26 years.

It meant that Don (generic ad man) Draper will and does use anything and everything that happens to him to lie to people so they buy product.