View Single Post
Old 04.03.2013, 08:39 AM   #358
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
mang, the episode when manny becomes a hair model (or whatever it is he does) is one of funniest things ever.

one difference between british and americans sitcoms/ comedies i think is that the british tend to use much more unpleasant characters as fodder for comedy. i.e., the characters in seinfeld or sunny are assholes, but they have a likeable side and you somehow find yourself cheering for them, whereas say peepshow (the most highly rated british comedy i've had trouble with) the characters are just horrible and depressing and that's that (same thing w/the green wing-- a bunch of unpleasant assholes).

in black books they are atrocious people but i dont know, something just works-- i think i remember the first two seasons are really good and the last was surprisingly crap. thing is these british seasons are ultra-short.

and if you're looking for something sillier/goofier i could recommend father ted. father ted is hilarious!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|