View Single Post
Old 02.16.2012, 11:45 PM   #15502
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
this one I've heard of. Looked very intriguing to me but I never ended up watching it. Isn't there an older black and white version or am I completely off? I think I recall hearing about some sequels to it as well...

Yeah, there's the original BBC version which is excellent (but incomplete on DVD) and a later remake which isn't so great. Hammer made three Quatermass films: Quatermass Xperiment, Quatermass 2 and Quatermass and the Pit. Opinion seems divided as to whether Xperiment is better than Pit (Quatermass 2 is definitely the least interesting of the three). I go for Pit because I prefer the story but Xperiment is perhaps the creepier.

Anyway, just watched:

L'Atalante

I don't fall to my knees in reverence to this as some do but it is undeniably spectacularly beautiful. And I can't think of many films more deserving of the word dreamlike. I'm sure Lynch must've watched it a load of times prior to making Eraserhead.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|