View Single Post
Old 07.10.2006, 10:11 PM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
It's amazing, looking back at it, how many words I've learned from Sonic Youth. Being that I'm sixteen, I haven't gotten any other exposure to certain words that SY introduced me to. Androgynous, Bourgieous, Ineffable, and I think voyeuristic just to name a few. This is exactly why I like SY sooooo much. Their lyrics are just as strong as their sonic love. I hate shit-for-brains bands that get huge publicity while all of the literate light their way with torches. (Can't name any of these bands at the moment.) Anyways, sorry, this was more of a realization than a respondable thread but hey joni! Has anyone else added to their vocabulary from the sonic library? What words?

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|