View Single Post
Old 12.27.2006, 02:40 PM   #42
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the Beatles deserve any and all praise they get. calling them the greatest band ever is not a stretch. it is nearly impossible to OVERRATE the Beatles.

they made rock n roll, a musical idiom mainly for kids, into ART and showed the world and all other musicians what could truly be done with this "rock n roll" format.

take any kid who is interested in writing music and songs, and play them the beatles catalogue over and over again. it is an education in and of itself.

the same cannot be said for anyone else.

hell-fucking-yes! this is it!

I had a discussion about this recently, and to further your point (and make it my own ) The Beatles achieved absolute perfection with some of their songs/releases.

The guy in the article underestimates the power of turning white-suburban kids on to rock and roll. It changed my life; I'm sure most of you can say the same.

Nirvana is overrated. You should all listen to the Beatles, they're much more fulfilling.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|