View Single Post
Old 01.15.2016, 05:20 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think what he is saying is, and it mirrors what Kim Gordon has said, that the whole 2 guitars, bass, drums, thing is DEAD and BORING.

It is hard to do anything new with the old Rock format, unless it is to meld some other non-rock genre into rock. The kids now hear rock instrumentation and it grates on their ears for it is the sound of every shit ass commercial on TV every fucking movie out of hollywood, etc. I used to feel the same way about folk/acoustic instrumentation, psychedelic "rock", big band music. In the late 70's early 80's those sounds were used to advertise to the old folks, and as a kid I HATED THEM

the kids nowadays want to cry everytime they are forced to hear another goddamn The Who track used as a soundtrack to a TV show or a commercial.

In 20 years the boom bap of Hip Hop will be heard the very same way....