View Single Post
Old 07.08.2018, 09:52 AM   #4159
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yesbut (lolsorry)

dems being a big tent will never toe one party line

so many factions—and the left tends to be less disciplined than the right. factions & factions.

e.g. berniebros rejecting hilaria (idjits)

also, swing voters swing: many who voted for obama switched to trump

it’s a tricky business but where im driving at is dems need a compelling message too from the top not just grassroots work.

“i’m not him” was not sufficient and might not be sufficient again (and enough with the popular vote disclaimers, that means zero).

what is required is also an appeal to enlightened self-interest... maybe. something. i really don’t know.

but also: better tactics.

things are still up in the air but keep up the good work.

Ok, love you Slambang, but this is the very discussion we were having two years ago. Just sayin’. Personally, I can’t take this whole thing... again... fucking blimey.

I think Skuj was specifically talking about/to SFAD, who — if y’all recall — wasn’t gonna vote, thinking somehow that not giving into the system is the answer to the problem. And it probably is in the loooooooong run, but that’s not how you address an impending flicking threat. When you’re faced with a decision between a walking horrorshow championing unapologetic aggression toward the fundamentals of democracy and a smarty pants who’s kind of a bitch... you fucking choose the qualified person who’s kind of a bitch, and you SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PRAY.

Yes, Dems are horrifically disorganized. They have weak campaigns and weak messages that almost exclusicely play into the Trump narrative, so yet again we’re faced with a “We’re not Trump, vote for me because DUH DON’T VOTE FOR THEM” kind of thing and it’s not looking promising from where I’m sitting.

Sounds crazy and premature, but the Dems need firepower. They need an Obama. They need an ambitious, partially-qualified powerhouse to speak to the people of this country who only have rage and hatred toward Trump and his party, and don’t have a clear idea of what they want that is not a reaction to Trump. They need to have their rage addressed, but they also need guidance and someone to throw up a torch for them and be pro-something instead of just anti-Trump.

From my perspective, that’s what congressional and legislative distrtics need, that’s what the nation as a whole needs. An alternate message that makes sense and points to a clear path forward. More than just “Trump = bad!”

Minority wouldn’t hurt, but in this climate would probably get assassinated before making any real headway. Probably a white man, but... I dunno, maybe a young one? Shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|