View Single Post
Old 10.19.2011, 07:00 PM   #279
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
let's get real here. 'evol', 'sister' and 'daydream nation' are all perfect and forward thinking. their other material, while great, wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Theyve had 5 Sonic Peaks (depending on where you count your "eras", most of these come at the "End" of what i consider one particular era of the band)

Sonic Peak 1 - Bad Moon Rising. A high concept low culture Stooges tribute album

Sonic Peak 2 - Daydream Nation. It was annoying finding out what Teenage Riot was about, but somehow the subject matter made it more entertaining the more i thought about it

Sonic Peak 3 - Goo. Several trendy bastards wore the Tshirt. I didnt but i owned the mug, the poster and the fucking CD too. Cunts

Sonic Peak 4 - A Thousand Leaves. Like it was written in rehab, and asylum, a maternity ward, and an abandoned town in the middle of winter. Hoarfrost is the most beautiful song they have ever done, and one of the most beautiful ever done by anyone

Sonic Peak 5 - Murray Street/Sonic Nurse. Your city gets attacked, your country goes haywire, you are the elder statesmen of indie who saw yourselves through the Reagan years and commercial success unscathed. how do you respond? You make everyone think Murray Street is accessible (only if they never listen beyond song 1 and 2) then you do Nurse, with I love You Golden Blue, which is the second most beautiful song youve ever done.

Some nice peaks there

except replace BMR with EVOL.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|