View Single Post
Old 11.25.2006, 12:03 PM   #12
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Since I posted that, I've gladly discovered that a few of us have been closet Juliette & the Licks listeners. I guess it's that whole actors-shouldn't be politicians thing transferring over into bad memories of actors (actresses, in this case if you prefer) shouldn't be in rock bands. We've been scarred by the likes of Jared Leto, Johnny Depp and Keanu Reeves. Before them, we experienced a wave by Eddie Murphy (a great actor and talent, by the way), Don Johnson, Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton. But Juliette Lewis has managed to transcend. The first thing I heard by them was a bootleg from last year. The songs sounded pretty good...her vocal seemed a bit overly aggressive, but the guitarist, who was good, was far too metal with his tone. Then, I got a bootleg from this year and they sounded even better and the tone had gotten sweet. I was then pleased to discover all Juliette's vocal stylings on their albums and the dynamics of the songs as studio tracks.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|