View Single Post
Old 09.02.2011, 04:53 AM   #2
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Being in a band is all about finding people you have chemistry with and can work with for an extended period of time. The only times I've been in bands "successfully", and by that I mean bands that have played out extensively for at least a year or so, is when everyone has an implicit or explicit understanding of everyone's role in the group and their satisfied with their respective role. It's just like any other group setting: figuring out the balance and making sure everyone is satisfied. With that said, I've been in more bands that fizzled out in a month or two than in bands that have been successful.

If I were you, I'd find a new drummer. If you and the bassist have a good working relationship, then keep that up and try to find someone that works well with the two of you. It's not about talent or influences or whatever, but all about chemistry and how you work together.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|