View Single Post
Old 05.01.2009, 11:55 AM   #356
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Hello my friends
i need some time off some unnerving work here at home.
I will use this time off to comment and rate (omfg i hate that but hey)
this new Sonik Yooff album:
First of all i have to say i'm totally MESMERIZED that they could create such a mindmelding grower. This is no WM or ATL. But i totally sucked it in and it's doing me good literally.

1) sacred trickster: wow. This rocks my cock. Wild dual gtr action here. Terribly addictive and to the point. At first i thought it lacked the usual skronk but i get it elsewhere so there. perfect start. >>> 8,5
2) anti orgasm: i'm sooooo into this. rebellious semi feministic ranting in there. The structure is kind of out there, which i really like. I like what i call the "fucking part" when they both go ha hu ha hu; sexy. The outro is gorgeous. Funky bass . merci mark Ibold. >>> 9
3) Leaky Lifeboat: gotta love the harmonics, the funky wah, the upbeatness. the lalalalas >>> 8
4) Antenna: oh well what can i say. Gorgeous chorus, nice new gtr tones courtesy of Lee. Very pretty drumming too. This one is a total win. >>> 9
5) What we know: classic Lee singing. Not a fan at first. This one grew on me relatively quick cuz it's got a weird power to it. It's funny cuz this bass is not SY. Nice track. >>> 7,5
6) Caming the snake: gotta like the skronk here. Like the Thurston break too. Bass is all dissonant. I like Kim's "aoaoaoao". Didn't like the live version, but i get it now. Raw and heavy.>>> 7,5
7) Poison Arrow: Weird gtr tones!! Weird Lou Reed feel!!!! Nice layers of static in the background. I like the way Kim and T.bone sing together in this song. Very nice song, very VU, yes; pretty: >>> 7,5
8) Malibu gas Station: I nearly cried like a sissy when i listened to the intro. Lee must have listened to some ATL beforehand. The rest is "Sunday"-ish. Me likey a lot. The way the song bounces and gets really catchy after a couple of minutes (instrumental part w/solo). I would have loved a come back of the intro as an outro and some light drumming, but maybe that was too obvious, o well amazing >>> 9,5!!
9) Thunderclap: very Psychic Hearts. Nice dual gtr halfway through. Efficient track>>> 8
10) No way: very Psychic also. This one goes pretty well with Thundeclap, Like the solo.>>>8
11) Walking Blue: at first i thought it didn't sound like an SY song at all. But that's because this song is already a fucking CLASSIC. Wow, what can i say? Outstanding songwriting and gtrs. >>> 9,5
12) Massage: whoever said this was TOTA-like was completely right. VERY nice outro to the LP. Very subtile. Nice layers>> 9

Once again, i'm sorry but NOT ONE BAND IN THE WORLD can put out an album THAT strong after 30 years of rock n roll. I'm totally in awe.
there.