View Single Post
Old 10.31.2014, 04:01 AM   #151
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
okay. but i have to ask. even if it's the wrong thread. why don't you guys reunite so you can have a stronger football team? think of the possibilities.

BREAK A LEG.

first of all - I ruled yesterday. It was the first time ever that I had to present a subject matter while standing up in front of the people, as up till now I always presented while sitting at the table. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but when you suffer from social anxiety, little details like these are very important. But I was surprisingly calm, self confident and talked in a very slow and controlled manner.
I am quite proud of myself.

secondly, well, i think you were partly joking about the reunification, but I will answer seriously - there is no chance for a reunification of Czechoslovakia in the future, ever. We're both parts of the European Union, have our own identities (believe it or not, though our languages are basically the same, we are different than the Czechs), and there are a lot of smaller or bigger differences in the ways we're both taking. For example, the Czechs are natural Euro-sceptics and they're anti-religious, while Slovakia follows the official political line of the EU and we're traditionally a very strong Catholic country (I guess the second after Poland in Eastern Europe). Etc etc.

But, to be honest, at the present moment I believe our football team is better than the Czechs'. They have the ageing but great goalkeeper Peter Cech from Chelsea, but other than that ... meh. We have at least Martin Skrtel from Liverpool FC and Hamsik from Napoli SSC, and fist of all, we have an awesome team coach who can bring the best from the squad. I believe we'll make it to the Euro championships this time.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|