View Single Post
Old 07.25.2006, 07:40 PM   #16
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
man, i went on a spree today!!! here's my appreciation of the field study i did:

first off, bleecker BOB is the shop to avoid, they have NOTHING, the slightest bits of things they have are overpriced to the sky (case in point, they are selling a deep wound album for $25 or something because it's "j mascis of dinosaur jr's hardcore band; not to mention all the discord stuff they have and severly beaten copy of in the court of the crimson king for $20). if you are a completist record/stamp collector snob, they are selling a copy of the vu&n with the original banana peel cover for $500. they do, however, have some cool posters, shirts and few fanzines there.

on the other hand, bleecker street records is fairly normal and they do stock new vinyl along with the imported and rare, some stuff is overpriced (a new belle and sebastian 7" for $10?!) but for the most part they are ok.

generation records is also awesome, the suply is amazing and prices are cheap. i fell in love with their vinyl bins, plus they have shirts (which i didn't have time to browse), i got my helen lundeberg/eyeliner 7" there.

other music looks very small but actually has one of the selections in town, there's a lot of stuff, especially when it comes to more underground difficult music and their prices are fair. CHECK THE USED BINS!! they are overflowing with lost treasures! the vinyl is selection is fucking awesome too. (in a related note, a guy try to pick a fight with me for looking at a crate of vinyl underneat the new vinyl bin...)

kim's is great and if you look hard enough, you can find great stuff at cheap prices (even if some isn't that cheap). i once found a vinyl copy of amt's wild gals a go go for $20 and for some temporary mental retardation i suffered for an instant didn't pick up (that was last year). there's also films galore. again, look on the used bins for treasures.

those are like the standout shops i went to. nyc is vinyl/cd heaven!!!! i love going to a store and actually looking at records i'm interested in buying!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|