View Single Post
Old 02.02.2017, 08:51 PM   #2205
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
And of course I vomit and cry at the long list of 20th Century atrocities, but as far as sheet historical weight goes, there is no proper modern analogy. Nothing is "like" it, because if it was, it would mean the utter failure of the very few things we still hold on to as "good" in our civilization. Might as well call off the human experiment entirely.

well, yes, we're some shitty apes

there are proper modern analogies though. in ukraine, stalin purposefully starved some 8 million ukranians while promising paradise on earth after the gospel according to st. karl marx. you realize the atrocious contradiction yes?

but we have better documentation on the holocaust so we can tell.

history is about documentation. this is why we know so little about the armenians but so much about the holocaust.

for example, i used to know an ethnically armenian turkish girl who had never heard of the genocide of her own people. frankly i hadn't heard about it before i witnessed this greek guy tell her. that was a peculiar moment.

and we don't hear a lot about ukranians having to eat their own family members, but that definitely happened, although there aren't a lot of records.

anyway, yeah, we've failed as a species. the best we can hope for is some sort of salvage operation, but we're currently banrkupt, and doubling down on our stupidity.

now the president of the most powerful nation in the "free world" is acting like an abusive father who demands total obedience from his children, and we're just standing around looking in disbelief.

i'm just watching tv while making this "passionate statement" by the way. so that's how useful i am.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|