View Single Post
Old 10.12.2017, 06:26 AM   #276
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Went to the Mercury Lounge last night and saw PG Six and Dead Horses.

PG Six, formerly of the legendary Tower Recordings, is playing solo now and he had his huge wooden harp and played about 2/3 of the set on harp and 1/3 on electric guitar, lots of PG Six favorites including Old Man of the Mountain. I first saw Pat play solo in 2000 at Tonic and the growth and confidence of his playing is apparent.
Dead Horses, from Wisconsin, surprised me, they come out of a kind of country and bluegrass influence but aren't genre-bound. The singer has a kind of country twang, but they use a stand up acoustic bass which sounded great, and the guitarist switched from mandolin through guitar was a very strong player, solid drumming carried the songs forward without being overwhelming. Very strong and fully realized songwriting... I picked up a single on the way out...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|