View Single Post
Old 10.22.2014, 11:08 PM   #38
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
1. The Straight Story
2. Blue Velvet
3. Wild At Heart
4. Eraserhead
5. haven't seen any of the others

I didn't see any of Lynch's films after Wild At Heart (until The Straight Story) not out of any intense dislike for the guy and his work but because in a way the films were getting to be like a nagging wife--a lot of "wow, aren't these people weird" over and over. Give me something besides a freak show for the sake of it. That's why I went to see The Straight Story. I wanted to see what Lynch could do with a G rated film and he nailed it. It was adult, interesting, funny and not overly sentimental, while still having a good amount of Lynch's quirkiness. The scene in the bar with the guilt-ridden World War II vet was especially riveting.

I'm willing to check out some of Lynch's other post-Wild At Heart films if they're not just remakes of Blue Velvet. Any suggestions?
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|