View Single Post
Old 11.17.2009, 09:32 AM   #9
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
let's keep this thread civil and not besmirch it with tawdry nme indie lifestyle hair gel accessory music.

radiohead = no.
one of the weakest polly harvey albums = wtf?
yyy's? only one good song on the album which is y control
arcade fire = overrated shit that was perhaps worth 1 listen.
the top four don't even deserve to be typed.

but anyway, the nme is like cancer, if you don't worry about it and just be healthy it will not ruin your life (taste in music). it will ruin your ability to write analogies tho, because it is too shit to work with.

as for the streets, k punk said it best:
"Surely even Skinner’s most loyal supporters must be given pause by the readiness with which he is championed by the post-Loaded beery, leery LLAD lobby. That co-option is no surprise, since the Streets specialize in that warmhearted fuzzy sentimentality beloved of wifebeaters , thug-drunks and other hot irrationalists everywhere, coz underneath y’know they are really sensitive (ask Gazza). Skinner is like the worst kind of pub bore, the amateur psychologist who imagines that his pitifully limited observations of ‘birds’ qualifies him to sidle up to you and proffer his facile homilies. Been dumped? ‘Plenty more fish in the sea, mate, get em in.’ But at least most other bar bores don’t back up their words of wisdom with cack-handed, Quo-tidian, quasi-Casio, sub-ska, pub-‘Garage’ that allows indie-windies to whine, “I do like SOME dance music…’ I know it might have been a novelty a few years ago to hear about chip shops on a ‘Dance’ track but, after Dizzee and Grime, there is no possible case to be made for Skinner’s pious and pompous know all-isms . It’s bad enough having to walk past boozombies lurching out of a KFC, I don’t want to listen to one in my own home, thanks."
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|