View Single Post
Old 06.06.2010, 09:10 AM   #1247
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Ashtray Navigations – Stranded In The Sea/Standing In The Tea [Fargone Records, 2006]

February 23, 2009 at 5:33 pm (Drone, cassette) (Ashtray Navigations, Fargone Records)

I got this tape at Ashtray Navigations appearance at the Nightmare Before Xmas 2006, surprisingly even though this was limited to only 50 copies the label page say that this is still available but since the last release put out by them was this tape (and a Mike Shiflet CDR) in Novemeber 2006 I doubt that it’s actually still available.
I have not listened to any other Ashtray Navigations bar this tape so I’m not really in the position to comment on whether it’s good/bad comapred to the rest of his releases.
Ashtray Navigations is the UK drone/noise project of the always-prolific Phil Todd, who in addition to recording under a number of aliases and groups, is responsible for his own Memoirs of an Aesthete label. Here he turns in some typically dense, engaging lo-fi work, two sides of in-the-red sludge hiding countless layers of detail and melodic beauty. The A-side is a haunting, eerie drone with hints of spiky noise disrupting its unsettling peace, while the B-side erupts into all-out chaotic noise, with hints of melodic bells chiming underneath.
(Label description)
http://noisenotmusic.wordpress.com/page/3/
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|