View Single Post
Old 04.10.2014, 07:30 AM   #420
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I thought the pfork review was weird. See, they nailed on the reissue stuff, but then seemed to miss the new album so much. And I think maybe the problem is that by packaging them together, it creates this problem. You're forced to "compare" an undoubted classic that you've had 20 years to listen to, get familiar with, and love even more against an album you've had about a week to listen to.

Reviews are so mixed on the new one. I love it hard though. I've been on such a Mobb Deep kick since it came out. I listened to the 94 Sessions yesterday and Murda Muzik last night.

I think the 94 Sessions are interesting, but to me not really something I'd reach for on the regular. It's like, a cool piece of history and shows just how much work went into the final album. Something like "Give Up The Goods" was fully realized right? But it wasn't amazing until that beat was matched up w/ the lyrics.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but I love the new album. I don't know why I seem to be hearing things diff than a lot of other folks. But I hear a victory lap. I hear a celebration. There's so many tracks on there that are the "oh no wait THIS ONE is my favorite!" y'know?