View Single Post
Old 02.17.2012, 03:42 PM   #6
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I think Text of Light is really the only group that does this music and film sync any justice. Most acts that do this execute it horribly do not think enough about the contents or results.
That's a bit unfair for some other artists, like Lillevan (who has made some amazing work to accompany gorgeous musical pieces by Fennesz and Morton Subotnick, or so I've read); The Murder Of Crows (It must have been pretty swell to hear and see what they did over that creepy silent film, "The Penalty", subsequent performances were ace even if not related to any visual material at all), La Cellule d'Intervention Metamkine (I actually went to a live performance by them a few years ago, and thought it was brilliant), to name just a few. What about Lee Ranaldo & Leah Singer? I'd be crazy if I would consider either "Sight Unseen" or "Drift" horrible executions of film and music sync. Not that these are similar in many ways to Text Of Light, but I think my point still stands. Maybe your statement would make sense if you'd name some of those lesser, horrible acts?