View Single Post
Old 08.14.2010, 01:54 PM   #239
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, Chicka...I don't think it boils down to him being perceived as a god so much as it is a generational thing. His music was very accessible, and very easy to identify with.

I don't think I speak for myself alone when I say that he was largely responsible for getting lots of people into music, period. Nirvana was the first band I took seriously. The first band I identified with on a personal level. The first band that separated what I was listening to from the music of my parents.

I'm almost convinced that if it hadn't been for Nirvana/Kurt...I would have never gotten into Flipper, Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers, Shonen Knife, Dinosaur, Stooges, Melvins, etc....