View Single Post
Old 04.06.2014, 11:13 AM   #37504
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by an evening with viewtiful
What helped me to quit (been good for over a year now):

Tabulate what you spend on them a month, week, whatever and put it in a bank account at each respective time interval (month, week, you get it) and make it a bank account that you can't touch.

It gives you a pretty nice little fund for something cool after a while, and it removes your means to buy the shit anyways (provided, that is, that you live on an inflexible income).

It may seem like sort of namby pamby advice, but it's helped both myself and a friend to quit.

tried this before.

this process worked for me in a slightly different way with drugs - i sat and wrote out all the years of my life and ranked them by drug consumption/level of happiness.

i basically realized that the periods that i remembered as being the best were the ones where i had possibilities and opportunities (or at least the illusion of them) with bigger/better groups of people.

i dont really miss anything, although lsd was fun
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|