View Single Post
Old 09.04.2019, 10:07 PM   #2950
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

We'll be watching it during English Language as an example of Australian English and the features of it.

Probably not a good thing that I identified with the 'emo dykes' the main character was bitching about. (Her words, not mine)
Five months later, we're actually watching it properly. It relies on some immature gross-out humour a bit too much (like one scene featuring a character making a [completely bullshit] drawing of his dad sexually abusing him), and there's one weird scene where a character complains "I'm not going to apologise for trying to be funny" - Chris Lilley is rather divisive, considering that he's still somehow using blackface in 2019.

That said, when it hits its stride there's some really funny bits, and there was a great one when one of his characters stood up at school assembly with her friends to argue for having a formal:
Quote:
Formals are a rare place when everyone can get together. Emos...Asians...Christians...skanks...lesbians...a nd even hot girls like me can all put aside our differences for one night.

I'll try and find it on YouTube tonight for y'all.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|