Thread: 4AD
View Single Post
Old 04.20.2007, 03:59 AM   #14
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Out of curiosity, Pookie, was the fact that most people who listen to 4AD stuff tend to embrace the whole label and bands that put you off? To an extent that's what never really made me obsessive like others about it.

It was really weird, but at the time there was a tendency to have a favourite label, which you did support to an almost fanatical degree.

I knew people who bought every 4AD release, and those who bought every Creation release, and could tell you the catalogue number of every release.

There was a real pressure when I started working in a record shop to have a favourite band (I've never had a favourite band, so mine became Black Flag - the first band I mentioned I liked), and a favourite record label (mine became SST because of the BF connection).

And the fact that there is a thread here about a record label suggests that my experience isn't dissimilar to other's.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|