View Single Post
Old 01.15.2010, 01:43 PM   #9261
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Gone With the Wind 3 hours and 58 minutes and it never drags. 3 hours 32 minutes for Ben Hur never bored with that one either.

sweet jeebus i hate both those movies-- i hate most of hollywood's "golden age" big budget productions.

come to think of it, i hate most of today's hollywood big budget productions

no personal criticism of you-- it's just that those particular movies give me hives-- same as, oh, the 10 commandments, spartacus, etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
a
Seven Samurai is over 3 hours long.

that movie is FUCKING BRILLIANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what I hate, and what I think most are referring to, are the fucking "standard" fare movies, that, if they were a succint 90 minutes long, one could enjoy as just entertainment, but then they get padded and extended, and they fucking lose all their juice, and end up sucking ass. that IS most hollywood films sad to say

a lotta indie filmmakers tend to do that shit so that their stuff qualifies as a "feature" rather than a short-- lots more $$ there. so yeah, there's a "standard" all suckas strive for, no matter if the story has enough steam to fill it up or not.

there should be short films before features instead of so many craptastic commercials at the movies. it used to be like that in ancient times.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|