View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 09:40 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, he just needs to team up with DeNiro and Schrader (whose films "Hardcore" and "Light Sleeper" blow away nearly all of Scorsese's films anyway). One thing about Scorsese though... his favorite film of all time is Shuji Terayama's Pastoral: To Die in the Country, which is one of the most obscure films ever (I mean, it has like 30 votes on imdb last I looked) but really really is one of the best films I've ever seen. Dude has good taste. Or did like 30 years ago or whenever he made that statement. Too bad he doesn't use his vast fortune to actually, y'know, bring that film over here so people can watch it. Wouldn't it be awesome if it actually got, like, a legitimate release?.. Uh.. anyway... he's just some dude who can release a bunch of garbage and critics will eat his farts, free of charge, because they have respect for movies he made 30-40 years ago (wouldn't it be cool if we had more, y'know, HONEST film critics who weren't concerned with asskissing? I mean, this is not Japan, where everyone is polite and no one wants to hurt anyone's business -- they'll tear Saw 7 a new asshole because it made by some no-name, but if it's some darling like Scorsese, mum's the word until retroactively they will undoubtedly state "WHILE IT WASN'T ONE OF HIS BEST WORKS......."). He hasn't been relevant in a long time. I've watched, oh, 500 films in the past year, and I can safely say that Shutter Island was the worst. Hahaha.

On the other hand, I did watch Who's That Knocking at My Door? again recently, a film he made.. oh... 42 years ago.. and it's absolutely brilliant. Go check out that movie asap.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|